This year it’s the 120th anniversary of the founding of the the Society of Women Writers andJournalists (SWWJ).
These days membership is also open to men, and if a person is not a professional writer, they can be accepted as a ‘Friend of the Society’ with the privilege of attending Society events.
I’ve just renewed my membership again this year. Among other things, benefits include:
- · a magazine every 10 weeks or so
- · regional get-togethers *
- · London meetings
- · affiliated to a London club (accommodation and meeting place)
- · online forum to exchange ideas and Q&A
- · press card
- · conferences and workshops
- · writing competitions and prizes
- · member page on website **
* Contact me if you’d like to share lifts to regional meetings from the Dorchester area.
** I'm on http://www.swwjmembers.info/julie%20musk.htm.
Full membership as a professional writer is only £45 per year (UK) and £30 (overseas); this includes the invaluable press card.
Male Associates must be a bona fide professional worker in literature, journalism or any of the related spheres; membership is £30 (UK) and £25 (overseas).
Non-writing supporters of the Society and its aims can become Friends; the annual fee is £20.